Randy Riley won the prestigious Russell G. Brown Leadership Award at the 34th annual Small Business Awards Celebration presented by the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
Amid the theme “Fire and Ice” and Von Braun Center North Hall decorations, more than 1,000 people attended to recognize the outstanding work businesses and individuals are doing in the community.
Riley is the CEO of Archarithms, a small, high-tech HUBZone company providing innovative products, solutions and services to the government and commercial customers.
“We are so proud of our contenders and winners, and we are thrilled to celebrate with each of them,” said Pammie Jimmar, the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber’s vice president of Small Business & Events. “It is no easy task to start and grow a small business, but our community is blessed with individuals who aren’t afraid to tackle tough challenges, and Huntsville continues to grow because of their dedication.”
This year’s judging was completed by the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce. The winners are:
- Russell G. Brown Executive Leadership Award: Randy Riley, Archarithms, Inc.
- Young Professional of the Year: Lauren Johannesmeyer, Google Fiber
- Nonprofit of the Year – (tie): Greater Huntsville Humane Society, Top of Alabama Regional Council of Governments (TARCOG)
- Professional Services Business of the Year: Palco
- Culinary Business of the Year: Cyn Shea’s Café & Catering
- Emerging Business of the Year: Outpost Technologies, Inc.
- Government Contracting – Professional Services Business of the Year: HigherEchelon, Inc.
- Government Contracting – Technology Business of the Year: Mission Multiplier
- Service Business of the Year: Armstrong Relocation Company, Huntsville, LLC
- Retailer of the Year: Haley’s Flooring & Interiors
- Local “Creative” of the Year: Church Street Wine Shoppe
- Medical Practice of the Year: Dunagan Yates & Alison Plastic Surgery Center
- Woman-Owned Business of the Year: Nesin Therapy Services, PC